Saturday 10 August 2013

Neva River Cruise - St Petersburg, Russia



In the evening of my first day in St Petersburg I went on a cruise round the Canals and onto the Neva River, they even put on a Russian Folkloric music display for us which was amazing and so great for me to see a traditional side to the culture. It is amazing to see all the sights from the river because traffic in St Petersburg is crazy. So this was about the only time I could get a clean shot of many of the sights, it is also nice to see them from a different perspective. There is something wonderfully romantic about sailing down a river seeing the sights in a sunset that lasts forever.

It was strange because in Russia we were under the midnight sun, as you can see in the last photo, so we didn’t really see sunset until 11pm-12pm and then it never got dark and just starts coming back up again in the early hours of the morning. It is an experience I am grateful to have though never one I thought I would get to experience. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...